Research Interests :
- Corpus Linguistics and Language Technology: Text corpus, speech corpus, parallel corpus, translation corpus, multimodal corpus, corpus sanitation, text normalization; corpus annotation, corpus processing, tools and techniques development for language processing, generation of lexical databases and linguistic resources, etc.
- Computational Lexicography: Printed dictionary, electronic dictionary, digital pronunciation dictionary, usage-based dictionary, dictionary of idioms and proverbs, special dictionary, dictionary synonyms and antonyms, dialect dictionary, graded vocabulary, WordNet, SenseNet, etc.
- Language Documentation and Digitization: Linguistic Field survey planning, questionnaire preparation, data collection from field surveys, language documentation and digitization, transcription and processing, elicitation of culture-related data, field data processing and analysis, resource generation, etc.
- Computer Assisted Language Teaching: Corpus and ELT, Self-Help English Language Learning (SHELL), Online language teaching, preparing language texts and resources for CALT, Online Bengali language teaching, etc.
- Manual and Machine Translation: Theories and models of translation, manual and machine translation; lexical, semantic, syntactic and humanistic issues in translation; linguistic and extralinguistic factors in translation; corpus and translation, etc.
- Digital Humanities and Digital Ethnography: Digitizing classical texts, digitizing folk texts, folk culture, folk narratives, digital profile of dialect (DiPoD), etc.
- Bengali Language and Linguistics: Bengali phonetics and phonology, morphology, semantics, syntax, lexicology, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, etc.